Battersea Alcohol Service (BAS) - Wandsworth
What is BAS?
DASL Battersea Alcohol Service (BAS) is an abstinence-based structured alcohol day programme offering free, care-planned, flexible packages of support to Wandsworth residents. We work ‘one-to-one’ and in groups to help individuals address their problematic drinking. In addition at Battersea Alcohol Service:
- We offer full time and part time options available for:
- those wanting to maintain abstinence and
- those wanting to address their problematic relationship with alcohol who are able to engage in structured treatment without being under the influence of alcohol when attending the service.
- We provide aftercare support and SMART recovery as part of the package of care
- We also offer support to those who are affected by the problematic drinking of another
Who do we help?
- There are programmes for those wanting to practice and maintain abstinence as a lifestyle choice and also those wanting to gain greater awareness of their relationship with alcohol
- For clients with a mental health diagnosis, we will work in partnership with mental health services where appropriate.
- We do not provide medical advice or interventions
- People cannot be under the influence of alcohol when attending the service
How BAS works.
Our service supports people to change the way they think about and respond to different situations. We work on the basis that it is not the events which determine our feelings, but the meanings that we attach to these events.
Clients learn to deal with their current emotional and practical challenges with support from their peers and the workers at the service. There is a variety of groups available including:
- Relapse Prevention
- Alcohol Awareness
- Relationship Groups
- Social and Life Skills
- Art and Drama Therapy
- Goals Groups
- Recovery ‘in Focus’
- Aftercare and SMART Recovery
The service refers on to counselling and other aftercare services such as training and employment support as well as providing ongoing relapse prevention groups in the evenings following treatment.
Our service leaflet is available to view here.
Referral: accessing Battersea Alcohol Service
Potential clients can contact the service direct on 0203 668 3730 to be booked in for an assessment following some basic information collected over the telephone.
The service is appointment based and not a drop in.
Referrers are asked for referral information regarding the prospective client's history and current situation in order for us to identify support needs.
The referral form is available here.
Referral forms can be emailed to BAS.
Clients can be assessed prior to detoxification.
Telephone: 0203 668 3730
Fax: 0208 767 7407
DASL Battersea Alcohol Service
The Medical Centre
138-140 Mitcham Road