Central and Eastern European Support Services
Service available 5 days a week, Monday - Friday, 10am -4pm.
CBET is a support service for people from Central and Eastern European (CEE) countries. A large number of CEE migrants have come to the UK and have fallen into crisis due to a variety of different reasons such as exploitation; trafficking; unemployment; homelessness; drug and alcohol use, to name but a few.
We can offer support, information and advice on practical issues such as dealing with debt, bills, benefits, identification paperwork, etc. We also offer one-to-one counselling support and group based support.
The service offers an opportunity to meet and socialise with other people who may be in a similar situation or to simply provide an opportunity to talk to a member of staff.
The service runs a drop-in Monday to Friday between 10am – 4pm, providing:
- Advice and Advocacy - offering one-to-one sessions and telephone advice in Russian, Polish, Ukrainian and Latvian languages;
- Accompanying clients to appointments and offering referral routes to specialist services;
- Support to report crimes of forced labour, trafficking, sexual exploitation and abuse, assaults, domestic violence and other crimes;
- Basic needs support - shower facilities, laundry facilities, basic food support (DASL has access and referral routes to the local food banks in Newham);
- Healthcare and access to Transitional Healthcare Centres and GP practices;
- Housing advice and information – including night shelters;
- Access to legal and financial advice; access to education, training and employment support. DASL is working in partnership with the Eastern European Advice Centre in West London, who will provide employment rights advice onsite or by referral. DASL also works in partnership with Danielle Cohen Solicitors to provide onsite immigration advice;
- 1 to 1 counselling and support for brief focussed sessions, or more structured sessions from 6 to 12 weeks;
- A women only weekly service offering support, advice and information.
We also hold sessions at other venues in and around East London. For more information or to access this support please contact us on the number below.
For more information about the project, the support we can offer, and to access this support, contact DASL on 0333 055 8585.
To make a referral, please complete our referral form.