Welcome to DASL
It is exciting to announce that DASL has introduced several new projects to firmly embed our services within the public health agenda and cater for a wider range of needs. All look at health from a new perspective:
- CBET – (which stands for light), is meeting the wide range of needs identified by clients from Central and Eastern European communities, staffed by specialist workers. Alongside basic support we offer legal, housing, employment and health advice in a range of Eastern European languages backed up by family and therapeutic interventions if needed.
- GaMS-East – is a Gambling Support Hub covering East London, run in partnership with Betknowmore. We provide a unique opportunity to tackle the problem of gambling from a holistic approach offering support to those affected, and also providing training to professionals who may come into contact with problematic gamblers.
- Urban garden project - our objective is to serve people from a range of disadvantaged backgrounds who wish to learn and benefit from growing and from learning gardening skills. We can also offer a green space to local residents to use for recreation, training and meetings.
- On Your Bike Cycling Project helps people learn and gain confidence in cycling, venture into pastures new – both geographically and physically - and offers those with no access to cycling or cycles a chance to join the movement which is gaining such momentum in London.
- Bright Sparks – our work with young smokerscontinues. The potential savings to the NHS from such interventions are significant and now widely acknowledged.
Our projects have both evolved in response to service user needs and funders’ requests. More information about these project is available under ' Services'.
Whilst those affected by social exclusion remain a priority, we know from experience that engaging with individuals from these groups and offering something which is attractive – not just a last resort or temporary fix – means more effective interventions in the long run, better results and more satisfied clients.
If you want to come and see for yourself, then just give us a ring.
Sue Kenten, Chief Executive